- This extension is enabled by default on Fandom.
Videos are a great way to showcase information and keep readers engaged on your community! The video embed tool makes it possible to quickly and easily add videos to an article page.
Videos can also be included in galleries and most other locations where images are supported. Videos that are under 400px wide will play in the media lightbox.
- First the video embed must be uploaded to the wiki, because it is not currently possible to upload a video directly in the editor. To do so, navigate to Special:NewFiles and then click "add a video". A modal will open up, so enter the URL of the video and click "add" — you've done it!
- Now that the video embed is uploaded, open the editor on the page you'd like to add the video to. If you know how, you can use wikitext to add the video straightaway, but otherwise you'll have to navigate to the add media icon.
- The media icon will open the media settings dialogue box. Search for the title of the video you just uploaded, and then select it.
- Now you can add captions to the file, add alt text for accessibility, and also change how the file is formatted via the "advanced" tab. You can choose alignment, type, border, and size. When you're done, click "insert" to generate a wikitext call for your video!
- Once the image/wikitext has been added, hit "save" in the editor to save the page with your new video inserted!
- This help page references the classic editor. Note that the VisualEditor may behave differently.
- Note: If you are using VisualEditor, see Help:Videos for instructions.
- Click the "Video" icon, which can be found in the Add features and media module on the right side of the screen. In the classic editor's source mode, it can also be found in the toolbar.
- A pop-up box will appear and allow you to paste in the full URL for the video you wish to add. For example:
- Once you have chosen a video, click "Next". This will provide options where you can customize how the video is displayed, as well as choose a different file name if you want.
- When you are happy with the options, click "Add a video". The video will become a file in the wiki and will be inserted onto the page you are editing.
- Since the video now exists in the wiki as a file, it can be reused around the wiki as many times as you like.
Videos can be embedded from selected internet video providers:
- Learn how to embed Facebook videos
- Learn how to add photos
- Learn how to create photo galleries and slideshows
- Learn how to embed audio