Sylvester Sneekly is the guardian of Penelope Pitstop, yet he desires her vast fortune she is entitled to. He intends to have her dead so he will become the only remaining claimant of the fortune. Of course to protect his identity, he carries out his plans and traps as a sadistic, sneeky, foul, master of disguise villain known as the Hooded Claw. He does have a foul, childish temper, especially shown when his plans are foiled by Penelope, The Ant Hill Mob or even his own blundering henchmen, the Bully Brothers.
The Hooded Claw is highly devious and brilliant in his fantastic traps he conducts. He is a master of disguise, able to change merely by twirls and quick moves, he once even managed to turn himself into Chuggaboom's spare tire.
- In contrast to his name, the Hooded Claw does not wear a hood, or have a claw at all.
- He actually twice transformed between his two identities in front of Penelope. The first time wasn't as obvious as he was bending down behind a desk, but she doesn't believe it to be true the second time, declaring it an insult to he devoted guardian.
- In "The Pied Piper of Peanut Creek" storybook by Badger Books and Studio publications, the Hooded Claw becomes a parody of the Pied Piper and lures children and Penelope into an old mine, attempting to bury them inside. But he is foiled by the Ant Hill Mob, while Penelope rushes out to declare the children found a seal of gold inside, to the Hooded Claws distaste.
- Clyde is suspicious of Sneekly is the same book.
- In the episode "Jungle Jeopardy", it is implied that he somehow knows Dick Dastardly (the main villain of the original Wacky Races).